MASTERING DIABETES PLANT BASED WITH ROBBY AND CYRUS | HOW TO HEALTH

Cyrus Khambatta was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2002. He received his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University in 2003, and then he earned a PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry from the University of California at Berkeley in 2012.

For the past decade, he has been educating people with type 1 diabetes, type 1.5 diabetes, prediabetes and type 2 diabetes how to reduce reverse insulin resistance through diet an exercise, following a research-based protocol that has helped hundreds of people around the world achieve exceptional diabetes health.

Robby Barbaro is the cofounder of Mastering Diabetes and the founder of Mindful Diabetic. He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 12, and embraced a low-fat, plant-based, whole-food diet 4 years after his diagnosis. To this day, Robby says that adopting this lifestyle has been one of the best decisions of his life, and since that fateful day his hemoglobin A1c value has never exceeded 6.4%. He graduated from the University of Florida in 2011 and worked at Forks Over Knives for 6 years before turning his attention to coaching people with diabetes full time.

Comments

Ddw1212@gmail.com Walton says:

If you are a diabetic, do you have to get off from meat Dairy and oil an exercise you have two do exercise.

Maureen K says:

You guys are great, and everyone's skin looks amazing!

Michael Crosby says:

Thanks to Robby and Cyrus, and to the interviewers. I don't have diabetes, but this was a fascinating interview, I learned so much. That by eating nuts and seeds, it can be measured in the blood glucose. To me, it shows Nathan Pritikin was right so many decades ago about a low-fat plant diet. Just as a watch will tell you how many steps you take in a day, wouldn't it be great to get real-time feedback on the food you are eating?

Jager2020 says:

Outstanding information! Interesting analysis and supporting case studies. Lastly, thank you for not bashing the low-carb methodology, and instead, providing rationale for your diet-based treatment using sound, logical and fact-based analysis. Makes me reconsider the entire situation for my late onset Type 1/Type 1.5 wife, and my follow-on diet plans after reversing my Type 2 with the Newcastle University diet and weight loss. (Now normal blood sugars and very near-normal insulin sensitivity — more weight loss needed.) Your respectful and responsible attitude toward the low-carb crowd really builds your credibility in the discussion and evolution of treatment for all forms of diabetes, in my opinion. Thank you.

Emily McDermott says:

Your look is cool! Don't worry about the hair loss!! I'm type 1 got diabetes age 41 almost 42. went into DKA was 11.9 A1C. I'm 47 now and want to try raw. Are u two on insulin pumps or do u take long acting and short acting? Some of these questions are what I'm curious about.

nyame damballah says:

He was doing a low carb diet for a year but had a 200 fasting blood sugar? Hmmm

Shirley Howard says:

Heard their program has healed Rheumatoid Arthritis which I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago.  On a plant  based diet called the Paddison Program but would love to hear about RA BEING HEALED.

Susan La Venuta Ellis says:

So incredibly informative and helpful!!! Thank you!!!

garliclover01 says:

I am 75, type 2 diabetic, disabled, have trouble standing and walking, so sit a lot. Overweight too. We eat beans, lentils, veggies and have cut out all meats and dairy. I love hot spicy food. Are we on the right track? We use latino style cooking but very little oil. Advice is welcome.

dr umesh vaishnav ms says:

Plz give me simple answer. Will u have same insulin sensitivity if u eat carbs in form of brown rice and genuine whole wheat products

Marina Fazzalari says:

Hi, I have reactive Hypoglycemia and I have been trying to have a whole plant base diet however my stomack can't tolerate legumes. Protein is really important for me I don't know how substitute? Any thoughts?

Marina Fazzalari says:

With Reactive Hypoglycemia can't do too much fruits I guess this is only for diabetes patients

Vanessaautorepair124 says:

You have no more retreats then?

Annie Low says:

when i eat sweet fruits my blood sugar soar

Raider Fan says:

Shouldn't the emphasis be on consuming dark leafy green vegetables, instead of fresh fruit? For instance, I drink 64 ounces of green smoothie mid-morning and again mid-afternoon. I also add in an apple, mixed berries and a banana to my smoothies. For breakfast, I eat mixed vegetables, a dark leafy green vegetable and a big bowl of cooked oat meal with mixed berries, cinnamon and ginger powder mixed in. For lunch, I have broccoli and a dark green leafy vegetable (raw). For supper, I eat mixed vegetables and a dark green leafy vegetable (raw). After that, I also eat a big bowl of cooked beans and green peas. That's what I consume everyday. I also drink 64 ounces of water everyday. What do you think?

Poached Womb says:

4 words for all these diet faddists: unhealthy relationship with food

Isabel Gomez says:

No.. no potatoes in microwave…lol other than that… it was a great video.

cloudhand0 says:

I have Type 1 as well and I like the sound of this, but am concerned as my understanding is that certain fats (omega-3) are important for brain function, so I'm surprised to hear a big 'no' to all oils/fats. Can you explain? Also, just FYI, I'm not personally concerned with weight loss.