I Tried A 10-Step Korean Skincare Routine For A Month

I have always been curious about the 10-step korean skincare routine, so I tried it for an entire month to see how it was & if there were any noticeable benefits! I tried a oil cleanser, water-based cleanser, scrub, toner, essence, moisturizer, eye cream, night serum, and SPF every day and night for 31 days to see if they live up to the hype!

To clarify, I stopped using the sheet masks after the first week and I used the scrub 3-4 times a week! So I guess it was more like ~450 applications a month. I got my kit here: https://sokoglam.com/products/10-step-skincare-routine-set-combo

Don’t forget to click the bell to turn on post notifications!

This video is NOT sponsored!

Safiya’s Nextbeat: https://nextbeat.co/u/safiya
IG: https://www.instagram.com/safiyany/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/safiyajn
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/safnygaard/

Assistant Editor: Emily Linden

MUSIC
Mind The Gap
Conga Longa
I Want Action
Ride It Out
Mesmers Fantasy
via Audio Network

SFX
via AudioBlocks

Comments

Juliet Blue says:

My routine is literally just water and moisturiser. And suncream if I’ll be outside.

Samora Curry says:

I saw the title of this video and said, "To get that skin like BTS" xD

Alannamarie Mock says:

you're only supposed to do the sheet mask 2 time per week

Graciex YT says:

Fact! Tea tree oil cleanser is da best for skin

Just saying!

Louise C-M says:

Um, hold up. 'Whitening' power? Is that like a skin lightener??? Or am I missing something?

peyton marie says:

when she had the mask on she looked like if wanda and vision had a baby

Yara's slime factory says:

My routine is throwing water on my face i think it is pretty nice

Erin Redman says:

I think the tone of your skin was more even in the end. It may be the lighting, but in the before photo your forehead and around your mouth was a bit darker than the rest of your face. I STRUGGLE with redness and dark spots and wish I had a baby butt face xD

Renatta Rivero says:

Mom: Im gonna try it and follow safiya's video
Me: But she does bad makeup science videos
Mom:touche

Renatta Rivero says:

Safiya looks so young and beautiful and just thank you for having good content

Morgan Emily Godfrey says:

Surprised you didn't talk about how a lot of the products say "whitening" because that is something that is desirable in Korea – having "whiter" skin. It's everywhere in Asia. I live in Shanghai and was at a spa and the only lotion they had was "whitening" lotion. It's a big problem with the beauty industry in Asia!

Anaiul says:

You're also not supposed to do the masks every day. Like the scrub (and the night cream mask), it's something you do a couple times a week (alternate days between mask, scrub, and night cream aka don't do them on the same day with each other) or whenever you feel you need the added moisture (more likely during winter, when skin feels more dry).

There definitely ARE spot treatments, also. It just isn't something that is part of the daily routine "packages" you purchase at Soko Glam.

If you're going to use Vitamin C serum, you don't want to use it the same day as an AHA/BHA essence (because they're all acids). At the very least you'd want to alternate between them from day and night. For example: AHA or BHA in the morning and then Vitamin C at night (or the other way around).

vht says:

You have more of a glassy skin after the routine. Does anyone get it? Lol

Elvira Watson says:

Tyler’s face tho!

Chaeyeon Biased says:

I love the korean skincare like my skin looks amazing but its terrible to travel with

ettieneroszak says:

i do 3 steps normally

Safiya Nygaard says:

HELLO FRIENDS!!! i just wanted to clarify, i know ur not supposed to put on a scrub every single day, i used the scrub like 3-4 times a week! i had a line in the video about it and i think we cut it for some reason. so i guess my math was wrong and it was more like ~450 applications!
thanks & sorry for the confusion!!
saf